Posted to user@commons.apache.org by James Ma <ja...@hsd.com.au> on 2003/03/21 06:02:25 UTC

datasource factory

I got a problem in geting a OracleResultSet when using
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory in Tomcat. Could anybody
help?

Re: datasource factory

Posted by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org>.
Could you be more specific?

One point that may help: Note that DBCP wraps the "native" database types
with classes used to implement the pooling, so you shouldn't expect to be
able to cast the result of Statement.exeucteQuery() to OracleResultSet,
for example.  (There are methods of the DBCP types to get to the
underlying types, if you really need to, but if possible you're better off
avoiding them if possible)