Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Graham <dg...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/15 17:02:29 UTC

[OT] WAS Connection Pool

What database driver class are you using?  It seems like you should be able
to tell WAS to use the oracle db driver which would return
OracleConnections.

Dave

Re: [OT] WAS Connection Pool

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.
If it works anything like WLS, you'll get an instance of a class that
implements Connection, but it won't be an instance of OracleConnection.

Adolfo, do you want to read or write the structs/arrays?

For reading, you should be able to use java.sql.SQLData to generically handle
data retrieval. For writing, you may have to couple a bit more closely with
Oracle-specific classes. Oracle has a tool called JPublisher that can generate
Java classes from SQL objects, collection types (e.g. varray), and PL/SQL
packages. It might be worth checking out, but it may tie you directly to an
Oracle-specific solution. That's not always a big issue, but just something to
be aware of.

Another option is to just create and configure an instance of
OracleConnectionCacheImpl within your app, bind it as a JNDI resource, and just
use that as your connection pool.

--
Kris Schneider <ma...@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>

RE: [OT] WAS Connection Pool

Posted by Shekhar Jain <sh...@edgesoftinc.com>.
We were experiencing a ClassCastException because we were including the
jdbc2_0-stdext.jar file in our build. IBM support asked us to take that out
and things have worked smoothly since then. If this doesn't fix your problem
you might want to give a little more detail about the error you are getting.

Shekhar