Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Dharmesh Kakadia <dh...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/07 19:44:12 UTC

Suggestion needed for CLOUDSTACK-212

Hi,

I am trying to move java package structure from com.cloud to org.apache (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-212). I am thinking of
doing it the following way (Totally newbie), needed feedback on that.

1. grep "com.cloud" on the entire repo.
2. update all package declarations using eclipse.
3. Update scripts etc found in 1 manually.

Will it be a good way to do it ? Any better suggestion ?

Thanks,
Dharmesh

RE: Suggestion needed for CLOUDSTACK-212

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
+1 to 4.3.  4.2 is too close to freeze date.

--Alex

Posted by Dharmesh Kakadia <dh...@gmail.com>.
I have finished the refactoring (ran into eclipse refactoring bugs). I am
now trying to test. But I realized that it will be good to have tool/script
that does most of this refactoring rather than using eclipse. Anyone knows
any such tool/script ? Otherwise I plan to make one.

Thanks,
Dharmesh

Posted by Dharmesh Kakadia <dh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On 7/1/13 8:11 AM, Dharmesh Kakadia wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I have submitted a patch yesterday. It migrates com.cloud.network o
> org.apache.network. Please let me know if this is fine so that I can go on
> for the rest of the packages.
>
> Thanks,
> Dharmesh

Can you send me another patch created with git format-patch

I will create a topic branch and put the patch there.

thanks

thanks

Posted by Dharmesh Kakadia <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,