Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Franz-Josef Herpers <fj...@wir-age.de> on 2005/05/30 14:09:40 UTC

Javadoc-Goal does not find any sources

Hi,

So far I used my own old Ant-Task to generate javadocs in maven.xml.
That worked fine. Now I want to migrate to the Maven-Javadoc-Plugin 1.7
javadoc goal. But the only message I'm able to get from maven when
running the default (i.e. generate goal) is:

[echo] sourceModifications not used.
    [echo] internal_javadoc_needed is false
    [echo] *******************************************
    [echo] * No sources found. Javadoc not created ! *
    [echo] *******************************************

I turned debug mode on and every path seems to look fine.

I set pom.package (although I'm using version 1.7 of the plugin) to
org.myOrgname.myProjectName

Maybe the problem is that the debug output says:

maven.compile.src.set             = [E:\SVN_PROJEKTE\myProjectName\src]

while my Java-Sources actually are in

E:\SVN_PROJEKTE\myProjectName\src\java.

I tried to set the property in project.properties but it doesn't change....

By the way: All other goals which maybe(?) use this property work fine:
dist:build, war:war etc...

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Regards
Franz

Re: Javadoc-Goal does not find any sources

Posted by John Fallows <jo...@gmail.com>.
Franz,

Also remember to set the <package> in your project.xml so that it
matches the topmost Java package in your sources.  This is used as a
parameter to the Javadoc goal to determine which packages actually
generate Javadoc.  Before setting this, I was seeing the Javadoc goal
execute and complete successfully, but not generate any documentation.

Kind Regards,
John Fallows.

Re: Javadoc-Goal does not find any sources

Posted by Franz-Josef Herpers <fj...@wir-age.de>.
Jeff, thank you very much

Jeff Jensen wrote:
> What is your setting of "<sourceDirectory></sourceDirectory>" in
> project.xml?

A wrote the project.xml a few months ago and never had to touch it,
because everything went fine. This already shows how great the maven
tool works for me...

OK, but this way I forgot the basics.... ;-)

> For example:
>
>   <build>
>     <sourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/java</sourceDirectory>
>   <build>

There I had only

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.
What is your setting of "<sourceDirectory></sourceDirectory>" in
project.xml?

For example:

  <build>
    <sourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/java</sourceDirectory>
  <build>

Most everything for source/test dirs is driven from the build elements.

You should not have to set source properties in project.properties for
Javadoc plugin.