Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/04/01 22:08:36 UTC

[ACS41] Final push to an RC?

Hi all,

We're getting there...  Here's what I see as outstanding:

* Edison - CLOUDSTACK-1224 Volume snapshot creation failing
This bug was recently bumped from major to Critical.  Edison, please
shout if you disagree with the priority bump.

* Rohit - CLOUDSTACK-1839 Upgrade 4.0 -> 4.1 - Upgraded DB has lot more keys and indexes for many tables compare to the fresh installed 4.1 DB.
We may need someone to review and fix if Rohit isn't around to fix this
one in the next day or so.  Pending his response to a query about
availability.

* Abhinandan - CLOUDSTACK-1842 ASF 4.0 to 4.1 Upgrade: Missing Ubuntu 12.04 Guest OS Types on the Upgraded Setup   Abhinandan Prateek
This bug was assigned to Abhinandan when I went to look at it.  I sent
an email out to the group asking a couple of questions as well.  Let's
see if we can wrap this one up (as I believe the solution should be
fairly straight forward).

* Marcus - CLOUDSTACK-1845 KVM - storage migration often fails Marcus Sorensen
* Marcus - CLOUDSTACK-1846 KVM - storage pools can silently fail to be unregistered, leading to failure to register later  Marcus Sorensen
Marcus, I applied the fix for these to 4.1.  Can you solve the 4.0
branch version of the problem so that the bugs can be resolved?  If it's
going to take awhile to get back to 4.0, I'd actually say that it's OK
to not worry about it much.  Unless you were trying to get the 4.0 fix
into 4.0.2, we weren't planning to do another bug-fix release for 4.0.x
after 4.0.2.  Feel free to resolve the bugs if that makes sense please.

* Unassigned - CLOUDSTACK-1868 GetVmStatsCommand throws NullPointerException with VMWare
We need someone to pick this one up.  Anyone?

* Joe - Release Notes
I think that the upgrade portion of the docs probably needs to be
updated to reflect Wido's notes on the wiki for how to perform the
upgrade process itself.  Do you have this one under control, or do you
want help?  I'd love to have the upgrade instructions in the release
itself (and will probably hold off on an RC until we have them).

* QA Team - Upgrade testing finalization
I see that there was some traffic about upgrade testing over the
weekend.  Where do we stand?  Are we done now that Wido provided the
fixes he provided?

Any finally...  does anyone else have any outstanding work / items /
bugs that you believe need to be addressed before we start the voting
process for 4.1.0's first RC?

-chip

Re: [ACS41] Final push to an RC?

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013, at 04:25 PM, David Nalley wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> wrote:
> > Are we going directly to a vote or are we going to have an RC for
> > comments and *then* a vote?
> >

> What's the difference?

Stopping and re-starting votes when more people start testing it in
earnest and find bugs.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

Re: [ACS41] Final push to an RC?

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013, at 03:08 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
>> * Joe - Release Notes
>> I think that the upgrade portion of the docs probably needs to be
>> updated to reflect Wido's notes on the wiki for how to perform the
>> upgrade process itself.  Do you have this one under control, or do you
>> want help?  I'd love to have the upgrade instructions in the release
>> itself (and will probably hold off on an RC until we have them).
>
> Yep, I saw Wido's emails on that and have everything in front of me to
> update the release notes. I've already pushed some minor updates to the
> release notes and will get them finished shortly.
>
>> Any finally...  does anyone else have any outstanding work / items /
>> bugs that you believe need to be addressed before we start the voting
>> process for 4.1.0's first RC?
>
> Are we going directly to a vote or are we going to have an RC for
> comments and *then* a vote?

What's the difference?

--David

Re: [ACS41] Final push to an RC?

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 04/01/2013 11:14 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013, at 03:08 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
>> * Joe - Release Notes
>> I think that the upgrade portion of the docs probably needs to be
>> updated to reflect Wido's notes on the wiki for how to perform the
>> upgrade process itself.  Do you have this one under control, or do you
>> want help?  I'd love to have the upgrade instructions in the release
>> itself (and will probably hold off on an RC until we have them).
>
> Yep, I saw Wido's emails on that and have everything in front of me to
> update the release notes. I've already pushed some minor updates to the
> release notes and will get them finished shortly.

Great! I still need to verify some stuff, but I have some talks coming
up this week, like a Webinar about CloudStack and Ceph so I have to pay
some attention to that as well.

Packages still need some work I think, mainly the management server, the
agent package seeems pretty done.

Wido

Re: [ACS41] Final push to an RC?

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, Apr 01, 2013 at 04:14:47PM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013, at 03:08 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> > * Joe - Release Notes
> > I think that the upgrade portion of the docs probably needs to be
> > updated to reflect Wido's notes on the wiki for how to perform the
> > upgrade process itself.  Do you have this one under control, or do you
> > want help?  I'd love to have the upgrade instructions in the release
> > itself (and will probably hold off on an RC until we have them).
>
> Yep, I saw Wido's emails on that and have everything in front of me to
> update the release notes. I've already pushed some minor updates to the
> release notes and will get them finished shortly.
>
> > Any finally...  does anyone else have any outstanding work / items /
> > bugs that you believe need to be addressed before we start the voting
> > process for 4.1.0's first RC?
>
> Are we going directly to a vote or are we going to have an RC for
> comments and *then* a vote?

Let's do a RC for comments.  Good idea.

Given that, I'll actually cut one with the current known issues
tomorrow.  That will give us an opportunity to confirm everything's good
to go, and to get the final fixes into the branch.

Re: [ACS41] Final push to an RC?

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.

Re: [ACS41] Final push to an RC?

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
I've put a patch for jzb on review board for 4.0, re 1845/1846

https://reviews.apache.org/r/10227/

RE: [ACS41] Final push to an RC?

Posted by Sailaja Mada <sa...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

Jira ticket is updated with the details.

Yes i can connect DB manually .

root@ub12sailaja:~# mysql -u cloud -ppassword
Your MySQL connection id is 759
Server version: 5.5.29-0ubuntu0.12.04.2 (Ubuntu)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2012, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql>

Thanks,
Sailaja.M

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.