Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by "Sharma, Siddharth" <Si...@Staples.com> on 2005/11/15 22:19:42 UTC

Can't get httpclient to work for SSL

Hi

I have written the code that uses HTTPClient to communicate with a web
server and it works when I use http, but fails when I use https.

I get the error
java.net.SocketException: SSL implementation not available

Before the request is posted, there is code that sets up JSSE in the
following manner:

Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());
System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
                   "com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");

I tried using both Sun's and IBM's JSSE implementation but it did not work.
What am I missing?
I am using IBM JDK 1.3.1.

If this should be a JSSE forum post, I apologize.

Thanks in advance
Sid