Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Gopal Patwa <go...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/26 09:46:22 UTC

Axis2[1.0] war in Weblogic 9.1

I tried axis2.war deploying on weblogic 9.1 as war, deployment was sucessful
but unable to load version service.

But if I use exploded war it works..

Any idea why it's happening, did any one had success runing axis2.war under
weblogic 9.1

Thanks
Gopal

Re: Axis2[1.0] war in Weblogic 9.1

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Gopal,

Please open an enhancement issue in JIRA. Please add as much
information as possible about the exact problems.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Gopal Patwa <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ju...@mro.com.
>>> If you are interested in distributing Axis2 with a set of fixed
pre-deployed services/modules, you can try to put those services/modules
directly within the war, and deploy the modified war.

I doubt if this will work in all containers since Axis2 relies on the
repository being a regular folder on the file system. As you said, it's up
to the container to explode the war internally (I believe WebSphere
explodes it while WebLogic 9.1 does not).

There are basically 2 options as I understand:
1)Deploy as an exploded war
2)Deploy as a war/ear and specifiy the paths to Axis2 repository and
axis2.xml via the following properties in web.xml:
        <init-param>
            <param-name>axis2.xml.path</param-name>
            <param-value>C:\Axis2\repository\axis2.xml</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>axis2.repository.path</param-name>
        <param-value>C:\Axis2\repository</param-value>
        </init-param>

-Junaid

             Rodrigo Ruiz
             <rruiz@gridsystem
             s.com>                                                     To
                                       axis-user@ws.apache.org
             05/26/2006 04:38                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Axis2[1.0] war in Weblogic 9.1
             Please respond to
             axis-user@ws.apac
                  he.org

Hi,

The behaviour you describe is perfectly normal with regard to the
Servlet Specification.

When deploying Axis 2 as a war, the container is not creating a
"read-write" directory structure, and peforms all accesses directly
through the war archive, instead of unpacking it. Whether to unpack the
WAR or not is up to the container implementation, and the specification
allows both options.

If you are interested in distributing Axis 2 with a set of fixed
pre-deployed services/modules, you can try to put those services/modules
directly within the war, and deploy the modified war. I am not sure at
all if this will work in the current version as, AFAIK, Axis 2 uses
custom classloaders for isolating services that might not work in this
"mode". Anyway, I don't see any technical reason why this should not be
possible.

In any case, deploying it as an exploded war is the correct way to
prevent those errors.

Hope this helps,
Rodrigo Ruiz

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com

>  <
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com

>  <
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com

GRIDSYSTEMS                    Rodrigo Ruiz Aguayo
Parc Bit - Son Espanyol
07120 Palma de Mallorca        mailto:rruiz@gridsystems.com
Baleares - España              Tel:+34-971435085 Fax:+34-971435082
http://www.gridsystems.com

Re: Axis2[1.0] war in Weblogic 9.1

Posted by Ali Sadik Kumlali <as...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Rodrigo.

http://www.nabble.com/Axis2-1.0-+war+in+Weblogic+9.1-t1685447.html#a4571990
> >     Sent from the Axis - User forum at Nabble.com.

> >     For additional commands, e-mail: axis-user-help@ws.apache.org

> > How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger&#65533;s low
PC-to-Phone

Posted by Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ali Sadik Kumlali <as...@yahoo.com>.