Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by sethmu tha <aw...@hotmail.com> on 2023/08/28 09:05:33 UTC

error encountered in splitting pdf using ver 3.0.0

Hi,

I wish to request help on the error encountered in splitting pdf file using the new version.

I use the new version as

> java -jar pdfbox-app-3.0.0.jar split -i=km.pdf -endPage=4 -outputPrefix=test -startPage=2

There is output file “test-1.pdf”. But when it was opened, it shows error message:
Cannot extract the embedded font 'FPHGCA+PyidaungsuBook'. Some characters may not display or print correctly.

However, when I tried with pdfbox ver 2.0.29,

> java -jar pdfbox-app-2.0.29.jar PDFSplit -startPage 2 -endPage 4 -outputPrefix test km.pdf

The output file “test-1.pdf” file shows all pages correctly without any issue.

In fact, when I use the another pdf file which has many pages, sometimes I encounter blank pages when using the ver 3.0.0, but when I use ver 2.0.29, there is no such issue.

Is there something wrong with the way I use it?

thanking in advance

Re: error encountered in splitting pdf using ver 3.0.0

Posted by sethmu tha <aw...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

I used 3.0.1, and it works perfectly for me.

thanks and best regards,

________________________________
Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Posted by sethmu tha <aw...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Attached is my file.
However, I am not sure about JIRA. So I hope that by attaching my file to this mail will suffice.

Please let me know, if I need to do another way.

thanks and best regards,

[https://res-h3.public.cdn.office.net/assets/mail/file-icon/png/pdf_16x16.png]km.pdf<https://1drv.ms/b/s!AmGz4Y7l6dcUbyTc2CEl3TMDlKk>
Sounds like a bug. Please share your file or attach it to an issue in
JIRA. If you're not a user there, please mention a part of this text
when registering so we know it's you.

Tilman

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Hi,