Posted to users@camel.apache.org by mistrz <gr...@edmunds.com> on 2009/12/21 20:40:25 UTC

Web Console configuration

How do I configure Web Console to look at my routes?  Is there a parameter to
define the broker uri?  (Currently I have tcp://localhost:61616). All I see
is default endpoints and routes:

    * mock://results
    * seda://foo
    * spring-event://default

route1 This is an example route which you can start, stop and modify

Re: Web Console configuration

Posted by Ryadh Amar <ma...@gmail.com>.
The webconsole is not picking your routes because you're not telling it to :D
If you only change the packaging of your pom to war and add the camel-web
dependency,
the application context will load a provided sample applicationContext.xml,
but if you already provide a web application folder structure, and drop your
own applicationContext.xml file in the WEB-INF directory, then your routes
will be taken in account as the application is loaded.
As James said if you use package-scan in your xml routes then all the
classes which extend RouteBuilder and specify the right packages, you'll be
able to load your DSL based routes.

this link is relevant:
http://camel.apache.org/tutorial-on-using-camel-in-a-web-application.html

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mistrz <gr...@edmunds.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, the default web console port 8080.
If you ask for the ActiveMQ broker default port, that is 61616.

Willem

Posted by mistrz <gr...@edmunds.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2009/12/22 mistrz <gr...@edmunds.com>:

> Which port (server name) is the console connecting to by default?

The web console is a WAR; you can drop it into any web container on any port.

If you are using maven you can run it via "mvn jetty:run-war" and use
the jetty plugin to specify which port you wanna use (by default its
8080)
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Maven+Jetty+Plugin

--
James