Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Kenneth Ramirez <ke...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/30 03:50:56 UTC

Deployment Question

I'm trying to set a context path for a Portlet so that I can keep the entire project outside of Tomcat's webapp path and am having a problem doing so.

I created the context as follows:
<Context path="/MyPortlet" reloadable="true" docBase="C:\Portlets\MyPortlet"/>

If I put the Portlet in Tomcat's webapp path and eliminate the Context path, everything works as expected. If I move the Portlet directory structure to a different location and then set the Context path as shown above, Pluto shows the Portlet's title and then fails to load the Portlet, showing an error in the console window. However, the error doesn't really provide any useful information to determine what the problem might be.

Has anyone tried doing this? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken

RE: Deployment Question

Posted by Kenneth Ramirez <ke...@yahoo.com>.
I actually didn't try '\\', but I didn't think I had
to since the context was generated from Sysdeo running
inside of Eclipse. Usually, the paths it generates
work fine. I know that to be the case for plain old
Servlets.

I'll try the double slash, but I'm not hopeful that
this will make a difference. Do you have any other
suggestions?

Ken

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

RE: Deployment Question