Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jörg Schaible <jo...@scalaris.com> on 2011/01/26 16:38:22 UTC

Missing reports menu

Guys,

recently I had to notice that our generated sites often miss the reports
menu at all. This is somewhat annoying since no link exists anymore to the
generated reports (although they exist), only the Maven logo is present in
the left navbar.

Looking at the output of site:effective-site the entry "<menu ref="reports"
/>" is simply missing. Does anybody know, what triggers this annoying
behavior? It happens for projects that inherit from a separate parent in the
repository and have themselves no own site.xml. We have this with M2 (site-
plugin 2.2) and M3 (site-plugin 3.0.-beta-2).

- Jörg

Re: Missing reports menu

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
Did you take into account the inheritAsRef attribute? If not it will
default to false, meaning the reports menu is populated in the parent,
and if the parent has no reports, it is removed...

At least this is according to documentation, but I am confused about
this myself, see my last comment at
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-502.

If you have a test project I will look at it.

-Lukas