Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Cornelius, Martin" <Ma...@softwareag.com> on 2001/12/20 09:35:56 UTC

What is the state of IDOM ?

I wonder about the current state of IDOM Development. It is still not
documented very well, and classified as 'experimental' in
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/program.html#IDOMProgGuide

Is IDOM under active development at all ?

It is really preferable to use IDOM instead of DOM in a server application
that demands speed, speed and again speed ?

Is there a special reason why IDOM has no userdata ?

Re: What is the state of IDOM ?

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
"Cornelius, Martin" wrote:

> I wonder about the current state of IDOM Development. It is still not
> documented very well, and classified as 'experimental' in
> http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/program.html#IDOMProgGuide
>
> Is IDOM under active development at all ?

Yes.  IDOM was first released in Xerces-C++ 1.5.0, just about 6 months.   It
is still classified as 'experimental', just to allow more field testing and
feedback.  Since IDOM performs much better than the old DOM, it definitely
will have more development focus next year.

> It is really preferable to use IDOM instead of DOM in a server application
> that demands speed, speed and again speed ?

Yes.

> Is there a special reason why IDOM has no userdata ?

IDOM is designed to be more strictly w3c-dom standard compliance.  Any
non-standard interface extension are excluded in IDOM.