Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2005/03/11 19:29:16 UTC

[axis2] FYI: Sun StAX parser

http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.5/sjsxp/ReleaseNotes.html

Sanjiva.

Re: [axis2] FYI: Sun StAX parser

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
i don't see a need  switch to zephyr right now...when someone makes it
available in a maven repo, we can try it out.

thanks,
dims

[axis2] StAX API and RI license?

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>"Aleksander Slominski" <as...@cs.indiana.edu> writes:
>

>>StAX RI code is under Apache License V2 and the latest source code is in
>>codehaus SVN.
>>

>Oh, so what's in codehaus is just the BEA implemented RI?

hi,

StAX RI code is based on XPP3 and is under Apache License ASF v2 -
however actual StAX JSR-173 API (jsr173_1.0_api.jar) which is @author
"Copyright (c) 2003 by BEA Systems. All Rights Reserved." has a
different license (AFAIK) and is also in codehaus SVN repository
(src100/ contains original version and src/ current version with RI bug
fixes - this or slightly older version is also in codehaus maven
repository): see http://svn.stax.codehaus.org/trunk/dev/

this i admit is confusing and i have never understood that part of JCP
process that resulted in this - i wish i could point to some place that
explain it (such confusions are not good for long term StAX future)

it would be nice if all source code had:

/*   Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
 *   you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
 *   You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *       http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 *   Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
 *   distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
 *   WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
 *   See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
 *   limitations under the License.
 */

but currently source code is a mixed bag though majority of code is
under ASF v2 AFAIK.

if somebody can shed more light on that ...

thanks,

alek

Re: [axis2] FYI: Sun StAX parser

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Re: [axis2] FYI: Sun StAX parser

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Re: [axis2] FYI: Sun StAX parser

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
You should note that this is an Early Access release, which I believe
means you cannot redistribute it (and also cannot use it for anything
other than evaluation purposes). You can also download the StAX code
from http://stax.codehaus.org/Download I haven't checked the license on
that, but I thought it was an open source version.

  - Dennis

RE: [axis2] FYI: Sun StAX parser

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.