Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org> on 2002/09/24 01:22:48 UTC

APXS

>From the code in apxs; when one does an

	apxs -ia mod_foobar.so

I get the error from below. Which can be easily fixed by using
the -n flag as advised.

Now naively this seems to be because by '1' we eat too much from the back
of the string (i.e. the full '.so') while we expect something there later
(near 2).

Now is this a simple bug ?

Or is this something more subtle; as some platforms need/have more complex
extension requirements perhaps for their SOs ? And would 'fixing' this
break 15 other things ?

        if ($name eq 'unknown') {
            $name = '';
            my $base = $f;
1----->     $base =~ s|\.[^.]+$||;
	    ....cut......
            if ($name eq '') {
                if ($base =~ m|.*mod_([a-zA-Z0-9_]+)\..+|) {
2---------------------------------------------------^^^^
                    $name = "$1";
                    $filename = $base;
                    $filename =~ s|^.+/||;
                    $filename =~ s|^.+\\|| if ($^O eq "MSWin32");
                }
            }
            if ($name eq '') {
                print STDERR "apxs:Error: Sorry, cannot determine bootstrap symbol name.\n";
                print STDERR "apxs:Error: Please specify one with option `-n'.\n";
                exit(1);
            }
        }

Any advice - specifically from our portable crowd ?

Dw.