Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Email Lists <li...@abbacomm.net> on 2006/10/09 19:34:30 UTC

spamassassin -D --lint

When running

spamassassin -D --lint > spamconfdebug.txt 2>&1

what obvious things will jump out at someone if there is a problem?

There is quite a bit of output stuff to go through regardless and im
wondering if there are any standard texts we should grep for in the
outputfile

Thanks

 - rh

--
Robert - Abba Communications
   Computer & Internet Services

Re: spamassassin -D --lint

Posted by David B Funk <db...@engineering.uiowa.edu>.
On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Email Lists wrote:

> When running
>
> spamassassin -D --lint > spamconfdebug.txt 2>&1
>
> what obvious things will jump out at someone if there is a problem?
>
> There is quite a bit of output stuff to go through regardless and im
> wondering if there are any standard texts we should grep for in the
> outputfile
>
> Thanks

First run:
  spamassassin --lint

That invocation should produce -no- output, any is an error that
needs to be investigated. Look at the '-D --lint' to get more
info about the error.

Whenever I add new rules I run the plain '--lint' to check for
obvious errors, then run:
  spamassassin -D --lint 2>&1 | tail

to look at the final score from the standard test message. If it's
not the same as a run without the new rules, I check into it.
(a new rule may be misfiring and running up the score)

#include <std_disclaimer.h>