Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Emmanuel Boudrant <b7...@yahoo.fr> on 2002/11/26 11:53:16 UTC

[OT] CVS with a firewall

Hi,

I want to connect to a CVS server (apache, sourceforge...) but I behind a firewall, is there a
solution to use CVS with the port 80 ? And if it's possible, inside Eclipse ;)

-emmanuel

RE: [OT] CVS with a firewall

Posted by Emmanuel Boudrant <b7...@yahoo.fr>.
<Sourceforge said>

May I access the shell servers from behind a firewall?

Access to the project shell servers is provided via SSH, which uses TCP port 22 (by default).
Many firewalls block outbound traffic on this port, thus preventing SourceForge.net developers
from accessing the project shell servers. To work around this limitation, we now offer the ability
to connect to the project shell servers on an alternate port (using a different hostname). You may
connect to port 80 on shell-ssh.sourceforge.net from behind most firewalls; this traffic is
redirected to the project shell servers (SSH host fingerprints will match those of
shell.sourceforge.net).

</Sourceforge said>

But I can't understand (my english is limited), my project CVS repository is
cvs.easystruts.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/easystruts

so I try the url : shell-ssh.sourceforge.net/cvsroot/easystruts on port 80 but Eclipse (my CVS
client) get the error "I/O interrupted".

Any idea ?

Thx,
-emmanuel

 --- James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com> a écrit : > Can't speak for apache, but here is what