Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Andreas Gruenhagen <an...@informatik.tu-muenchen.de> on 2001/08/13 16:41:34 UTC

how can I validate an element against a given Schema ?

Hello,
I want to validate an element / document object against a given Schema ?
One possibility is off course to print the whole element, set xmlns='<new NS>'
and parse it again. But thats probably the worst possibility I can imagine !
I suppose, I have to implement somekind of a scanner-Interface or / and a
validator which take as input an existing element-object ?
Does something like this exist already ?

Can anybody give me any hint

thanks in advance

andreas