Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Andy Bourke <an...@pcmsgroup.com> on 2010/01/22 13:20:18 UTC

Renamer failing to rename 'From' File when using multiple endpoints via Multicast

Hi all,

I am new to camel and have hit a problem that I hope someone can help me
with.

I have a route that looks for a file in a directory => unmarshals the file
using <CSV> => transforms the output from the unmarshal (which is
List<List<String>>) to a List of data objetcs => passes the List of data
objects to a processor which does the intelligent mapping of the input data
to the output which is a List of Objects => passes the List of Objects to a
<multicast> pipeline who's endpoints traverse the List of Objects and
extract the data, that they are interested in, formatting the output in to a
List of Map objects so that the <CSV> marshaller can marshal to a named
file.

This is the route:

        <route id="iq">
            <from uri="file:/data/iq/inbound/"/>
            <unmarshal>
                <csv id="pipeCsvDataFormat"/>
            </unmarshal>
            <bean ref="iqTransform" method="doTransform"/>
            <to uri="bean:iqProcessor?method=process"/>
            <multicast parallelProcessing="true">
                <pipeline>
                    <to uri="bean:formatOutput?method=formatHeader"/>
                    <marshal>
                        <csv />
                    </marshal>
uri="file:/data/iq/outbound/?fileName=Txn_Header.txt"/>
                </pipeline>
                <pipeline>
                    <to uri="bean:formatOutput?method=formatLineHeader"/>
                    <marshal>
                        <csv />
                    </marshal>
uri="file:/data/iq/outbound/?fileName=Line_Header.txt"/>
                </pipeline>
            </multicast>
        </route>

As expected, I get a correctly formatted file named Txn_Header.txt and a
file named Line_Header.txt in the /outbound directory. So the routing seems
to have worked fine.

The problem is that the original file does not get renamed in to the .camel
subdirectory and so the file gets processed again and again.

If I remove the second endpoint in the multicast so that only the
Txn_Header.txt file is produced then the original file does get renamed and
the route ends successfully.

Can someone help me understand what I have done wrong please?

Re: Renamer failing to rename 'From' File when using multiple endpoints via Multicast

Posted by Andy Bourke <an...@pcmsgroup.com>.

> Which OS are you running? Could you write that down in the JIRA as well.

I'm running Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2, 32 bit. I have put this
in the Jira (#CAMEL-2394)

Re: Renamer failing to rename 'From' File when using multiple endpoints via Multicast

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Bourke <an...@pcmsgroup.com>.

> To use the log component you should just do
> <to uri="log:fooOrWhatYouLike"/>

> http://camel.apache.org/log.html

Ok, I've got it now. However, sending the output to the log rather than the
file does not stop the rename issue. If it helps the actual error from the
trace log is:

org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileOperationFailedException: Cannot
rename file: GenericFile[extract3.txt] to: GenericFile[\\.camel]

> How do I create a ticket in Jira? I have never used it.
>

> No problem we will get you up to speed. JIRA is used a lot in the OS
> world so you may as well start learning
> it to be able to submit bugs or requests for new features etc.

> Support page here with link to Issue Tracker = JIRA
> http://camel.apache.org/support.html

> You create an account and then there is a "create new issue button" on
> the "menu bar".

Ok, I'll get right on it.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Andy Bourke <an...@pcmsgroup.com> wrote:

> Please excuse my ignorance Claus, but I don't know what "log:foo" means, I
> have tried using it as you have written but I get an exception:
>
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The prefix "log" for element "log:info" is
> not bound

To use the log component you should just do
<to uri="log:fooOrWhatYouLike"/>

http://camel.apache.org/log.html

> I have tried without using parallelProcessing="true" and the problem
> remains.

Okay thanks. Not a race condition then.

Posted by Andy Bourke <an...@pcmsgroup.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.