Posted to dev@excalibur.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be> on 2006/08/20 21:34:13 UTC

xmlutil and saxon

Hi,

xmlutil depends on saxon 6.5.1 and 7.9.1. The former seems pretty
common and available on both net.sf.saxon and maven central,  i
haven't had any luck locating the latter however. It is referenced on
the saxon website but when it actually comes to downloading it there
is nothing. Anybody know why this is ? It seems that they don't want
ppl to use that version anymore.

I tried compiling the module with saxon8 but got errors.

Thoughts?
Jorg

Re: xmlutil and saxon

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> On 21 Aug 2006, at 17:54, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Jorg Heymans wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> xmlutil depends on saxon 6.5.1 and 7.9.1. The former seems pretty
>>> common and available on both net.sf.saxon and maven central,  i
>>> haven't had any luck locating the latter however. It is referenced on
>>> the saxon website but when it actually comes to downloading it there
>>> is nothing. Anybody know why this is ? It seems that they don't want
>>> ppl to use that version anymore.
>>> I tried compiling the module with saxon8 but got errors.
>>
>> Have you looked at SF?
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=29872&package_id=170489
>>

> Yes i did have a look there. I did a more thorough check now , it seems
> that you have to click on "view older releases" in order to find really
> all versions.

You can upgrade it to more recent saxon6 release, there is not reason to stick
with exactly version 6.5.1 :)

> Sorry for the noise :)

No problem at all.

Vadim

Re: xmlutil and saxon

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org>.
On 21 Aug 2006, at 17:54, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Jorg Heymans wrote:
>> Hi,
>> xmlutil depends on saxon 6.5.1 and 7.9.1. The former seems pretty
>> common and available on both net.sf.saxon and maven central,  i
>> haven't had any luck locating the latter however. It is referenced
>> on the saxon website but when it actually comes to downloading it
>> there is nothing. Anybody know why this is ? It seems that they
>> don't want ppl to use that version anymore.
>> I tried compiling the module with saxon8 but got errors.
>
> Have you looked at SF?
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
> group_id=29872&package_id=170489

Yes i did have a look there. I did a more thorough check now , it
seems that you have to click on "view older releases" in order to
find really all versions.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
group_id=29872&package_id=21888

Sorry for the noise :)