Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/22 19:31:30 UTC

dynamic discovery of port for UI

Hi,
In hbase-common/src/main/resources/hbase-default.xml , there is the
following:

  <property>
    <name>hbase.regionserver.info.port.auto</name>
    <value>false</value>
    <description>Whether or not the Master or RegionServer
    UI should search for a port to bind to. Enables automatic port
    search if hbase.regionserver.info.port is already in use.
    Useful for testing, turned off by default.</description>
  </property>

A brief search for the config parameter didn't reveal where it is used.

Maybe I am missing something ?

Re: dynamic discovery of port for UI

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Found the related code through constant REGIONSERVER_INFO_PORT_AUTO.

However, I am still looking for how user can obtain this dynamic port.
Here is sample code from ServerManager.java:

        AdminService.BlockingInterface admin = getRsAdmin(server);

        if (admin != null) {

          ServerInfo info = ProtobufUtil.getServerInfo(admin);

The above is not amenable for user to call.

Cheers