Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Baráti Zoltán <ba...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/11 12:17:56 UTC

utf8 issue in jspwiki section and ref urls

Hi dear developers.

   1. National characters should be supported in section names as well as
   they are in WikiPage names ( in a user readable form.) Why?
   I'd like to link to some specific section with it's url in an external
   application.
   2. Also I'd like to use links in the JSPWiki markup  which refer to a
   specific section of a WikiPage

After reading the statements above I have two questions for you.

   - Is it possible?
   - Shall I post a feature request? Would the feature request be supported
   by you guys?

Kind Regards,
Zolta,
brz.hu

Re: utf8 issue in jspwiki section and ref urls

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
>   1. National characters should be supported in section names as
> well as
>   they are in WikiPage names ( in a user readable form.) Why?
>   I'd like to link to some specific section with it's url in an
> external
>   application.

What do you mean by "supported"?  Section names are URI identifiers,
which means that only ASCII (minus some characters) are allowed. This
means that they *cannot* be in an user-readable form.

We currently encode the section titles in exactly the same way as the
pagenames, so anything which is supported in the page name is also
supported in the section names.

>   2. Also I'd like to use links in the JSPWiki markup  which refer
> to a
>   specific section of a WikiPage

That does kind of exist already (you can use [WikiPage#sectiontitle]),
but that requires you to be aware of the encoding algorithm. So you
might want to file an issue on that so that the stuff after the
hashmark would also be rewritten correctly.

Patches gladly accepted :-)

/Janne