Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by "Mcguinness, Cathal" <Ca...@fmr.com.INVALID> on 2015/08/21 17:54:52 UTC

Continuous crawl - add schedule to stop for maintenance window

Hi,
What is the best way to configure a Continuous crawl job so as it will not run within a defined maintenance window.
This maintenance window is Saturday 10am until midnight Sunday.
If I set a schedule but omit Sunday this will mean that the job will be running on Saturday during the maintenance window which is not desirable.
What is the best approach here?  Or is this type of configuration possible? I know we could go with pausing the job, but if possible would like the schedule to be in place.

Regards
Cathal.

RE: Continuous crawl - add schedule to stop for maintenance window

Posted by "Mcguinness, Cathal" <Ca...@fmr.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Karl,
Appreciate your help.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cathal,

The images did not make it through.

What you want to look for is the time of next processing.  That's the
"Scheduled" column.  It's perfectly reasonable to have a status of
"processed", since the document has in fact been processed at least once
before.

Karl

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Mcguinness, Cathal <

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Mcguinness, Cathal" <Ca...@fmr.com.INVALID>.
Hi Karl,
We are using our own custom connector class which extends JDBCConnector.
From looking at JDBCConnector I can see that in the processDocuments method you are getting the version query, ts.versionQuery and you are logging this activity as "external query".

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Sathiyanarayanan, Ramanan" <ra...@fmr.com.INVALID>.
Hello Karl Wright,

We tried configuring the way you suggested that would put a “pause” on a continuous job during our weekly outage window.

It is working partially, meaning the job stop, unwait, continue & external query are running as expected after the pause time (180 mins).

But the VERSION query is not getting executed. This in-turn does not runs the data query and other downstream processes.

Below are the screen shot of our job configuration for the “continuous job”

1.       It is configured as “Start when schedule window starts”

[cid:image007.jpg@01D0DFFE.E22CF9F0]

2.       Other config related to scheduling.

[cid:image008.jpg@01D0DFFE.E22CF9F0]

3.       Logs related to the issue.

[cid:image009.jpg@01D0DFFE.E22CF9F0]

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.