Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stéphane KLEIN <st...@harobed.org> on 2009/09/08 14:52:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: [mod_dav] Apple Finder webdav client launch many GET requests when I explore a folder

Le 08/09/09 11:57, André Warnier a écrit :
> Stéphane KLEIN wrote:
>>
>> I write a WebDAV server in Python.
>> I found one issue with Apple Finder WebDAV client and I've noticed same
>> issue with Apache mod_dav server.
>>
>  > Issue : when Finder explore a folder, Finder download the totaly of all
>  > files !
>
> Your subject line is probably spot on the problem : if the Apple Finder
> WebDav client does that, then it is the Apple Finder WebDav client which
> has a serious problem, and it is not a problem of the server.

Yes, I know, but I hope found some information about this issue here.
There are without doubt on this list, some Apple Finder Webdav client user.

I've posted here, because this issue impact Apache web_dav module also.

>> Do other people can test this issue ?
>>
> Probably not, unless they use the same Apple client.
> You should try another Dav client, and see if it does the same.

I haven't this issue with other Dav client but I need to support Apple
Finder client also.

Thanks for your help,
Stephane