Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sx...@reachlocal.com on 2008/06/07 20:09:49 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy create a new socket for each proxied request

After I updated apache server from 2.0 to 2.2, I noticed that reverse proxy
does not work as in older version of apache (2.0). In older version the backend
socket will be reused for http keepalive connection. In the newer version
2.2.8, I noticed that the mod_proxy is creating a new socket each time a
proxied request is sent to the backend server. Is this a known bug in v2.2.8,
or I need special configuration to make it reuse the existing socket?