Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> on 2013/04/02 00:44:20 UTC

Banners for 4.1.0 Release - Thoughts?

Hey all,

Sonny has created some banners for the 4.1.0 release. Sample here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Graphics+and+Resources

Thoughts?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

RE: Banners for 4.1.0 Release - Thoughts?

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Never mind, I was focusing on top part, where as Apache is right underneath..

So question stands, larger version and if possible, the source ..

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013, at 06:46 PM, Musayev, Ilya wrote:
> Can we have a larger version of this for slides and if possible the
> source so I can integrate this into other design?

CC'ing Sonny to see if he can provide source images, etc.

We have several larger sizes. I've also asked Sonny if he can come up
with some slide graphics, etc. but I know he's also got a lot of $dayjob
responsibilities so not sure when that will come to the top of the
queue.

(If we have any other folks with reasonable graphics skills, please step
forward - we shouldn't put all the eggs in one graphical basket, to use
a slightly stretched metaphor...)

Best,

jzb

Posted by Eric Schlesinger <es...@proteuseng.com>.
Looks good - feels a little redundant with "cloudstack 4.1" almost on top of each other in the graphic

Thoughts?

-ES

Eric Schlesinger
eschlesinger@proteuseng.com

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
Just bumping this, I think we're a little more than a week out from the
release at this point + it'd be good to have final graphics ready to go
next week.

Thanks!

Joe

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
CC'ing Sonny so we can have these revised with the TM symbol.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013, at 08:26 PM, David Nalley wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 9:07 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 1, 2013, at 06:49 PM, David Nalley wrote:
> >> Missing the trademark mark.
> >
> > So, are we actually expecting to slap a TM or (R) on every instance of
> > "Apache CloudStack"?
> >
> > I'm looking around at other projects (OpenOffice, Hadoop, Firefox,
> > Debian, etc.) and not seeing a lot of consistency in applying a TM or R
> > to all graphics.
> >
> > I can ask Sonny to add it, I'm just wondering if it's Absolutely
> > Necessary (TM).
> >

> So not 'every occurrence'
> But   "...you should include a "TM" symbol next to the first main
> occurrence of the "Apache Foo" project name."
>
> So I guess it depends on whether you expect this to be used in places
> other than the ACS website. If so I'd say that you need the TM symbol
> (Registered trademark isn't applicable for graphics)
>
> --David

Best,

jzb

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 6:44 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Sonny has created some banners for the 4.1.0 release. Sample here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Graphics+and+Resources
>
> Thoughts?

Missing the trademark mark.

--David