Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Andreas Fester <af...@apache.org> on 2006/06/01 08:50:32 UTC

Re: Build works + OutputDebugAppender + Unicode

Arunkumar wrote:
> Hey Curt,
> Thanks for your suggestions. I will try to make the suggested changes and
> see what happens.
>
> My test bed is:
> OS: Windows XP SP2
> VisualStudio.Net 2003
> Text Editor: Notepad or MS Word (after your email, downloaded the SuperEdi
> Editor)

In the windows cmd.exe console, you can try setting the code page
to UTF-8 (which is codepage 65001):

C:\> chcp 65001

Then you should be able to see the correct glyphs from UTF-8 output in this
console, provided that you have set a proper console font (LucidaConsole
contains some greek characters, but I have not yet found a font which includes
CJK glyphs for example). "Complete" unicode fonts like Arial Unicode MS do not
work because they are no fixed fonts.

See also
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q247815

Regards,