Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Terrence Brannon <me...@urth.org> on 2003/12/08 03:37:18 UTC

DBIx::Recordset 0.25 - ready for public release

Please test this before I upload it to CPAN:

     http://www.urth.org/~metaperl/DBIx-Recordset-0.25.tar.gz

It was tested on MySQL, Postgres and SQLite only.

I am taking a 4-day train trip tonight so I will not be able to respond
to email
until 5 or so days from now.

It is checked into svn, so patches can be applied.

NEW FUNCTIONALITY (Kee Hinckley, Cameron Prince, Terrence Brannon)

* Full SQL Query input via the !Query option to Search()

* added the '$makesql' flag to Search() so that generated SQL can
be returned instead of executed. It will remain undocumented until
it is supported for Update(), Delete(), and Insert(). It was added
in order that the SQL generated for the test "Order, Group,
Append" would pass on Postgres which finds the generated SQL
invalid.

BUGFIXES (Angus Lees, Terrence Brannon, Gerald Richter)

* when building the FROM clause for
  LEFT JOINs Recordset placed parentheses around it, like this:

  SELECT
    dbixrs1.id,dbixrs1.name,dbixrs1.value1,dbixrs1.addon,dbixrs2.value2
  FROM (dbixrs1 left join dbixrs2 on dbixrs1.id = dbixrs2.id)
  WHERE   dbixrs1.id IN (2, 5, 10);

  but this caused a syntax error in sqlite, so a new leftjoin type
  of 4 was introduced to support LEFT JOIN with no parentheses
  around the join

* Fixed a bug that cause TableAttr with value zero not to work
  correctly. Patch from Rene Seindal

* Made sure that filters given by name override filters given by type.

* Fixed PreFetchIfExpires() so that it works for a specified time period as
well as for a CODE ref

* Added support to DBIx::Compat so that the pseudo-type "counter" was
converted
to SERIAL when DBD::Pg is in use

Re: DBIx::Recordset 0.25 - ok for CPAN?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi Terrence,

I have run some quick tests and it seem ok for me to relase it to CPAN.

I have found two minor problems (in today svn version):

1.) Tables where not drop before test
2.) There was a line break in the code for $group

I have fixed these two and commited them to the svn

Please go ahead an release it to CPAN. Please send me a copy so I can put t
on our ftp sever as well.

If there is any trouble releaseing it to CPAN because of the owner, let me
know and I will do it.

I think we should also send anouncements to DBI, Embperl and mod_perl and
mod_perl announce mailing lists.

Thanks for your work

Gerald

Posted by Terrence Brannon <me...@urth.org>.