Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Siarhei Biarozkin <sb...@zandar.com> on 2003/02/17 12:00:46 UTC

How to link against third-paty jars synchronously

Hello,
First of all, apologies if the question is somewhat off-topic.

What is the best way to make sure that developers on different machines link
against the same version of a third-party jar library ?  For example, we're
using set of Batik jars built from their latest CVS checkout.
A number of ways seem possible :

1. use CVS task, particularly, if the Batik source distribution is not
available locally, then "checkout" it, and always use "update", and then
(re)build it, if necessary
2. use GET task to get the latest binary distribution either from the Apache
site or from the local web server - this seems to be the best option to me
3. keep Batik jars in our server CVS and sync against them

Any opinions will be very appreciated

Thanks
Sergey Beryozkin