Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by prog <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/29 14:12:23 UTC

Solr 3.5 very slow

I've build index on solr 1.4 some time ago (about 18milions documents, about
8GB). I need new features from newer version of solr, so i decided to
upgrade solr version from 1.4 to 3.5.

* I created new solr master on new physical machine
* then I created new index using the same schema as in earlier version
* then I indexed some slave, and start sending the same requests as earlier
but to newer version of solr (3.5, but the same situation is on solr 3.4).

The CPU went from 200% to 1200% and load went from 3 to 15.
I didn't change any parameters in solrconfig and schema.

I don't have any idea what's going on. Did anybody notice same problem
during change of solr version.