Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Dennis Patzer <pa...@googlemail.com> on 2011/10/06 14:17:05 UTC

Big problem with InfModel

Hello folks,

I have a nasty problem with having some InfModel as a base for another
new model.

I do it the following way:
OntModel x = ModelFactory.createOntologyModel(OntModelSpec.OWL_DL_MEM,
infModel)

Now when adding some properties to x, it seems, that this properties are
added to infModel as well, which I don't want. I want to have an
ontology based on an infModel, not a composition of both.

What I try to have, is the following:

OntModel x = ModelFactory.createOntologyModel(OntModelSpec.OWL_DL_MEM,
infModel.clone())

But I'm not able to do that cloning of infModel :-(

Any fast help would be great.

Thanks for your great support!!!

Bye Dennis

Re: Big problem with InfModel

Posted by Dennis Patzer <pa...@googlemail.com>.
Big thanks, that worked just great!!!

Bye Dennis

Posted by Ian Dickinson <ia...@epimorphics.com>.
Hi Dennis,
On 06/10/11 13:17, Dennis Patzer wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I have a nasty problem with having some InfModel as a base for another
> new model.
>
> I do it the following way:
> OntModel x = ModelFactory.createOntologyModel(OntModelSpec.OWL_DL_MEM,
> infModel)
So that's passing infModel as the base model to the OntModel, and it is
indeed the base model that receives updates.

What I suspect you want is:

OntModel x = ModelFactory.createOntologyModel(OntModelSpec.OWL_DL_MEM );
x.addSubModel( infModel );

Ian

Ian Dickinson                   Epimorphics Ltd, Bristol, UK
mailto:ian@epimorphics.com        http://www.epimorphics.com
cell: +44-7786-850536              landline: +44-1275-399069
Epimorphics Ltd.  is a limited company registered in England
(no. 7016688). Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High St,
               Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT, UK