Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Steve Hathaway <sh...@e-z.net> on 2012/04/01 07:13:40 UTC

Xalan-C Extension Functions Prototypes

FYI: Xalan-C  Custom XPath Extension Functions

I have updated my committer's web site with source code to implement and
test
some useful XPath extension functions.  I also have a XalanCAPI based
application
that installs and tests these functions.

Go to my Committer's Web Page:   http://www.apache.org/~shathaway

And download the "OspXpath.zip" file.

The cvdate() function will take as input most strings that represent a date.
Heuristic analysis is done to determine the format of the input string.
The output string can be rendered in many different standard formats.
The cvdate() is not locale dependent.

I also have a library of XPath functions that implements a rudimentary
database.  You specify table names and key-value pairs.  The underlying
linked lists create a virtual database that is managed with XPath functions
in stylesheets.  This library allows you to implement variables that can
be dynamically reassigned.  Rows in the virtual tables can be sorted.
A table can be exported to a node-set to be used in a for-each element.

This code is for instruction and prototype.  It is not ready for including
into the Xalan-C product.

Enjoy!

Steven J. Hathaway
Xalan Documentation Project