Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adrian Herscu <bm...@fastmail.fm> on 2008/02/04 16:14:50 UTC

[m2] how to set log4j system properties for the axis2 maven plugin

Hi all,

I know that questions regarding setting log4j and system properties were
asked many times, however I could not find anything that works for me.

I am trying to make the axis2 plugin run during my build, and I am
getting this error:

[INFO] [axis2-wsdl2code:wsdl2code {execution: default}]
(org.apache.axis2.i18n.Project
ResourceBundle).
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
         at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodegenConfigLoader.loadConfig(CodegenC
onfigLoader.java:161)
         at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenConfiguration.<init>(CodeGenConf
iguration.java:371)
         at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat
ionEngine.java:85)
         at
org.apache.axis2.maven2.wsdl2code.WSDL2CodeMojo.execute(WSDL2CodeMojo
.java:396)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:443)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:143)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
         at
java:39)
         at
sorImpl.java:25)
         at
         at

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error parsing WSDL

The only way to make enable log4j logging was to invoke Maven with:
mvn -Dlog4j.configuration=file:///C:\my-log4j.properties

I tried to put that property in the settings.xml and in the pom.xml with
no success.

What is the correct way to specify Java system properties not using the
-D command line parameter?

TIA,
Adrian.