Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael MATTOX <mi...@verideon.com> on 2004/03/19 15:19:55 UTC

Directory structure for projects & subprojects - nested or parallel?

I've read through the archives and this point still isn't clear to me.  I've
read all the Maven documentation twice, hoping to find it there.  I hope
someone can add this to the Maven documentation, if I can do it just let me
know how and I'd be glad to help.

I have two main projects (Mail & Chat) which each have subprojects, and my
two main projects will use a "common" project.  I'm not sure how to set this
up with Maven.  My first thought was to do:

Common
Mail
  - mail subproject 1
  - mail subproject 2
Chat
  - chat subproject 1
  - chat subproject 2

But in reading the mails in the archive, it seems that to work with Eclipse
it's best to have a flat structure.  in which case I'd have:

Common
Mail subproject 1
Mail subproject 2
Chat subproject 1
Chat subproject 2

Can someone please tell me which approach is best?  I've been using ANT for
a long time (using the nested directory structure format) and I'm really
eager to use Maven on a new project.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Michael

--
This E-mail is confidential.  It may also be legally privileged.  If you are
not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it.