Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Nicholoz Koka Kiknadze <ki...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/18 20:00:31 UTC

Separate iBATIS3 mailing list

I've enjoyed much using iBatis and the mailing list was always very helpful.

Well, now and then I have to search for answers in the mailing list and
usually find the answer ;) So far so good. But... I've used mailing list for
another framework - Tapestry for three major versions (3/4/5) and always
found it very annoying not to be able to filter for which version I needed
to search.

Now, as questions about iBatis3 start to pore in I wondered maybe in long
run it may be better to have separate mailing list for it. I don't mind
subscribing to two lists - my gmail inbox will handle both ;) Wonder what
others think...

Re: Separate iBATIS3 mailing list

Posted by Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>.
I agree whole heartedly. It also helps people who havenĀ¹t yet made the jump
to get a feel for what to expect in migration.

Z.

Posted by Nicholoz Koka Kiknadze <ki...@gmail.com>.

> #3 - I think I'm the only person who does moderation on the ibatis
> lists and don't want another one to manage. (NOTE: If someone wants to
> do that with me, let me know, it's easy, but when I'm out of the
> office the "please subscribe" emails pile up).

I'll be out of the office till September 6 (hehe, don't worry I have
autoreply off).

Meanwhile as I watch this list almost on the daily basis I could help in
handling those out-of-the-office-please-unsubscribe-enlarge-something things
after that. Or what else does moderation mean?

Re: Separate iBATIS3 mailing list

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
Heh - I hadn't had my coffee yet. ;-)

Here are a few reasons: Pick one or take two, they're small.

#4 - Because of #2, people need to be seeing i3 posts now, even if

Posted by Nicholoz Koka Kiknadze <ki...@gmail.com>.
No.

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
Because it's a bad idea.

Posted by Nicholoz Koka Kiknadze <ki...@gmail.com>.
No reply...

Seems separate list idea is soo absurd that no one bothers to explain why ;)

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Nicholoz Koka Kiknadze <kiknadze@gmail.com