Posted to user@drill.apache.org by sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID on 2016/09/01 06:04:56 UTC

Speed up Drill

 Hello    I am using Drill in Window 10 in embedded mode having latest version (1.7).I am writing one select Query for Sql Server Database.
Query is:-
SELECT CAST(T1.`ID` AS BIGINT) AS `ID`, CAST(T1.`AttributeID` AS BIGINT) AS `AttributeID`, T1.`String_Value` AS `String_Value`, CAST(T1.`Numeric_Value` AS BIGINT) AS `Numeric_Value`, T1.`MetaData` AS `MetaData`, T1.`DataType` AS `DataType`, T1.`CreatedTime` AS `CreatedTime`, CAST(T1.`CreatedBy` AS BIGINT) AS `CreatedBy` FROM demoplugin.`dbo`.`ProductValues` AS T1
Result:- It returns 1,113,843 rows in 107.126 Second. ( Too much time)
My question is is there any way to speed up my drill, so that query execute fast.?

Sent from Yahoo Mail. Get the app

Re: Speed up Drill

Posted by Kunal Khatua <kk...@maprtech.com>.
If you are using the JDBC plugin to connect to SqlServer, which is a community storage plugin, performance might be sub-optimal.

If you are trying to do a table scan, you also have the possibility that the data being streamed is very large. Your terminal might be the bottleneck for having to display each row of the resultset. One suggestion is to use a wrapper SQL of count(*) around this query to see if that is a possible cause. You should be still scanning all the data, but you wouldn't flood your SQL terminal.

e,g,

select count(*) from ( <your SQL query> ) ;

On Thu 1-Sep-2016 4:24:27 AM, Khurram Faraaz <kf...@maprtech.com> wrote:
You are doing a scan over a file, and there is no predicate/filter in your
query, which means Drill will have to Scan the entire file.

Also Apache Drill's latest released version is 1.8.0, you may want to try
your query on Apache Drill 1.8.0.

Re: Speed up Drill

Posted by Khurram Faraaz <kf...@maprtech.com>.