Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at> on 2003/05/20 19:12:48 UTC

Authentication/Session Handling in Cocoon 2

I need authentication for a Cocoon webapp, and, to be honest, I am
pretty confused with the documentation in Dev Docs, Developing Webapps.

(1) First of all this docs seems to be not really clear. E.g. I have no
idea what is meant in the section

"The Redirect to Document"

there is e.g. a code snippet <authentication-manager> and I have no idea
where this should be put to? This is, for me, a problem though many
parts of this documentation. there are code parts where it is not clear
where to put and how to integrate them.

(2) Even more important, it is not clear to me whether there is an
option to use autentication and sitemap/session handling in the latest
current binary distribution. It does not seem so? Or can it be
configured somehow?
I have this cocoon version installed a week ago on several computers and
there are running different applications, if I could avoid it, I would
not like to install again a newer version...

Thank you in advance for any hints here.

Alex
**