Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@dashorst.dds.nl> on 2004/06/29 14:43:57 UTC

Missing type element in the POM

Hi (hoping to address the correct forum),

I am busy developing a webapplication using maven. When I call the
distribution plugin, it automatically assumes a JAR type of project.

IMO a tag next to <groupId> and <id> called <type> should be included in
the POM, so dist (and other plugins) can use this to their advantage,
like requiring 'war:war', 'ear:ear', or 'jar:jar' before creating a zip
file.

Martijn

Re: Missing type element in the POM

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
the next revision of the POM (post 1.0) will include this.

setting maven.multiproject.type will get you half-way.

- Brett

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Agreed. We have added this in POM v4 which will be available with Maven 1.1
(soon now).

-Vincent