Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Alex Polvi <po...@cloudkick.com> on 2009/12/11 19:38:45 UTC

[libcloud] Re: SF libcloud hacker dinner

Hello,

Thank you to everyone who came out last night! It was great to meet
everyone in person.

Attendees:
- Jeremy Orem
- Paul Querna
- Dan Di Spaltro
- Lily from webappVM
- Tom White
- Adrian Cole
- James Watters
- Alex Polvi

Subjects discussed (please fill in the gaps if I missed something):
- The need for a better way to test cloud service providers. One idea
was creating a sandbox endpoint that all client library creators could
use to develop against.
- Needs around image formats and configuration management. Right now
Rackspace and EC2 are really the only platforms you can get your files
on to to bootstrap the process.
- Possibility of having a storage API in libcloud. Paul seemed excited
about building it, Tom seemed excited about using it.
- Many comments about the weird Chinese restaurant we were at.

It would be fun to do this on a more regular basis. Maybe once a
month, or once a quarter? I have also been kicking around the idea of
doing an "Apache Cloud Con" with Cassandra, Hadoop, Libcloud, and any
other projects that seem relevant. Does anyone else think that would
be interesting? Maybe sometime after we have a release... :)

And finally, we now have libcloud shirts! They arrived just in time
for the meet-up last night. If you would like one, send me an email
with your size, color preference (blue or red), and address. Happy to
ship international!

http://twitpic.com/t0e43

-Alex

--
co-founder, cloudkick.com
twitter.com/cloudkick

Re: [libcloud] Re: SF libcloud hacker dinner

Posted by Soren Hansen <so...@ubuntu.com>.
Any chance we can drop the reply-to header for this list? It's really
tedious to reply directly to someone when that header is set. I almost
sent my home address to the list because of this :)

--
Soren Hansen                 |
Lead virtualisation engineer | Ubuntu Server Team