Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Allen Cogbill <ac...@geopotential.com> on 2012/09/28 23:17:55 UTC

Default font for Calc

The default font for Calc is the horrible Arial. Somehow, I'm sure this
can be changed, but I have yet to find out just how. I do know how to
set up a template using a different font, but what I would prefer to do
is simply change the default font permanently. Can someone explain just
how to do this?

Thanks,
A. Cogbill

Re: Default font for Calc

Posted by Allen Cogbill <ac...@geopotential.com>.
I think I have found how to get a font used other than Arial. Using
Tools-->Options, then selecting Fonts under OpenOffice.org, I check the
"Apply Replacement Table", then specify the replacement font to be used.

Thanks,
A. Cogbill

Re: Default font for Calc

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Allen,

Allen Cogbill schrieb:
> Thanks for the suggestion; this works if I am starting a new, blank
> spreadsheet. However, if I am sent a .csv file and open it with Calc,
> the result always uses Arial as the default font, even though my default
> template uses a different font. I open .csv files almost constantly, and
> I tire of always having to change the font immediately.

Do not "open" the csv-file. But start with an empty file from your
personal default template and then use Insert -> Sheet from file... to
get your csv data into the spreadsheet. You will get the same import
dialog as with "open", but the font is that from your default template.

Kind regards
Regina

Re: Default font for Calc

Posted by Allen Cogbill <ac...@geopotential.com>.