Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2004/07/22 12:36:52 UTC

Using Eclipse 3.0 extssh to connect to cvs.apache.org

After I upgraded to the latest Eclipse I thought of trying out extssh for
connecting to cvs.apache.org (using ssh key pair, *not* my password).
This works beautifully for retrieving but fails for committing.

I now resolved back to using a localhost tunnel with Putty which also works
great but requires an extra step to set it up.
If possible I'd like to use the extssh connection so anymore knows if/how to get
this working?

Regards,

Ate Douma

Re: Using Eclipse 3.0 extssh to connect to cvs.apache.org

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Thanks for the reply Tim.

My experiences are slightly different from yours.
I didn't have the problem of losing the connection properties/configuration
after closing Eclipse.
I am prompted for my key passphrase when I try to refresh/access the cvs
repository. But, when I try to do an commit I am *not* prompted again for the
key passphrase but receive the following errors:

The server reported an error while performing the "cvs commit" command.
    jakarta-jetspeed-2: cvs server: Pre-commit check failed
    jakarta-jetspeed-2: cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

No further information is provided with the errors.

So I'm at a loss how to proceed with this. Maybe I should post a question in
some eclipse list...

Posted by Tim Reilly <ti...@consultant.com>.
Hi Ate,