Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Kelly <pa...@polvo.ca> on 2004/01/04 20:18:44 UTC

logs less detailed?

Howdy, apologies if this is a faq but I couldn't find anything in the archives.

I just upgraded to 2.1 (previously I ad 2.0 on Tomcat 4) and I can no
longer trace xsl errors as easily through the logs. Used to be I'd
get the line # of embedded, included stylesheets and some useful
verbiage. No more. Can someone tell me what changed and if this can
be fixed? I use cocoon to test transforms and it's useless no given
the current log feedback.
--
--paul
http://asweknowit.ca

Re: logs less detailed?

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
have you looked at logkit.xconf, i think in 2.1 the loglevels there are
set to INFO by default. Or maybe the xslt transformer does not have a
default logger associated with it in the sitemap.

Re: logs less detailed?

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Paul Kelly wrote:

> Howdy, apologies if this is a faq but I couldn't find anything in the
> archives.
>
> I just upgraded to 2.1 (previously I ad 2.0 on Tomcat 4) and I can no
> longer trace xsl errors as easily through the logs. Used to be I'd get
> the line # of embedded, included stylesheets and some useful verbiage.
> No more. Can someone tell me what changed and if this can be fixed? I
> use cocoon to test transforms and it's useless no given the current log
> feedback.

The default log level was changed because it was found that people were
using the default configuration in production too often and the debug
log level hurts performance.  Just edit logkit.xconf or if rebuilding,
there is a build property to do this as well.

Geoff