Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Johnny l <si...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/25 01:42:51 UTC

Maven 1.0-rc2 build problems

Hey all

I'm a bit new at maven, so bear with me. I'm trying to build geronimo
1.0source and I'm having problems with maven
1.0-rc2 (I would update but the place I'm at runs on maven 1.0.2 and won't
be upgrading). When I build, I keep on getting dependency errors :

Attempting to download commons-jelly-tags-velocity-.jar
WARNING: Failed to download commons-jelly-tags-velocity-.jar
Attempting to download velocity-.jar
WARNING: Failed to download velocity-.jar

commons-jelly-tags-velocity-.jar (no download url specified)
velocity-.jar (no download url specified)

I have the commons-jelly in my user maven repository directory, and it seems
that it just can't seem to find it. Should I change the maven.repo.remote to
my user maven repository directory? Or am I missing something else?  If I
remove the

 <dependencies>
        <!-- Used for preprocessing our plans -->
        <dependency>
            <groupId>commons-jelly</groupId>
            <artifactId>commons-jelly-tags-velocity</artifactId>
            <version>${jelly_velocity_tags_version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId> velocity</groupId>
            <artifactId>velocity</artifactId>
            <version>${velocity_version}</version>
        </dependency>

from the project.xml file (probably not the solution), it still ends up
giving me a

xmlbeans-maven-plugin-1.0.0-beta1.jar (no download url specified)

Am I totally going about this the wrong way? Thanks for the help!

Re: Maven 1.0-rc2 build problems

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
On 2/25/06, Johnny l <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all
>
> I'm a bit new at maven, so bear with me. I'm trying to build geronimo
> 1.0source and I'm having problems with maven
> 1.0-rc2 (I would update but the place I'm at runs on maven 1.0.2 and won't
> be upgrading). When I build, I keep on getting dependency errors :
>
> Attempting to download commons-jelly-tags-velocity-.jar
> WARNING: Failed to download commons-jelly-tags-velocity-.jar
> Attempting to download velocity-.jar
> WARNING: Failed to download velocity-.jar

Notice that the above files end in '-.jar' ; usually a version number
comes after the '-' and before the '.'

> commons-jelly-tags-velocity-.jar (no download url specified)
> velocity-.jar (no download url specified)
>

> I have the commons-jelly in my user maven repository directory, and it seems
> that it just can't seem to find it. Should I change the maven.repo.remote to
> my user maven repository directory? Or am I missing something else?  If I
> remove the
>
>  <dependencies>
>         <!-- Used for preprocessing our plans -->
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>commons-jelly</groupId>
>             <artifactId>commons-jelly-tags-velocity</artifactId>
>             <version>${jelly_velocity_tags_version}</version>
>         </dependency>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId> velocity</groupId>
>             <artifactId>velocity</artifactId>
>             <version>${velocity_version}</version>
>         </dependency>

Do you have properties defined for ${jelly_velocity_tags_version} and
${velocity_version}?

> from the project.xml file (probably not the solution), it still ends up
> giving me a
>
> xmlbeans-maven-plugin-1.0.0-beta1.jar (no download url specified)
>
> Am I totally going about this the wrong way? Thanks for the help!

Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light. Not because Chuck Norris is
afraid of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris