Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Sonam Nepali <So...@imail.org> on 2011/09/20 01:57:06 UTC

Unimplemented Error in Weblogic

Hi,

I have a jaxws handler that gets the DOM element from the context using

public void handleMessage(SOAPMessageContext context) {
Element element = (Element)context.get(SOME_CONST_VALUE);

When I look at the type of the "element", it is of weblogic.xml.domimpl.  Then I checked the context object and found that it has weblogic dom elements.
Is there a way to use a Xerces DOM instead of the weblogic.xml.domimpl?  I have weblogic 10.3.5 running with filtering classloader option available.
I think there is a parser and it is configured to use the weblogic xml parser and I want weblogic to use a specified parser from the filtered package.  Which parser builds the SOAPMessageContext object?  Would anyone know?

I can't use the Weblogic's domimpl.DocumentImpl class because it is missing methods and which results in following error:

java.lang.AssertionError: UNIMPLEMENTED
        at weblogic.xml.domimpl.DocumentImpl.getElementById(DocumentImpl.java:407)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.security.utils.IdResolver.getElementByIdUsingDOM(IdResolver.java:147)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.security.utils.IdResolver.getElementById(IdResolver.java:114)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.security.utils.resolver.implementations.ResolverFragment.engineResolve(Reso
erFragment.java:86)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.security.utils.resolver.ResourceResolver.resolve(ResourceResolver.java:236)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

Thanks

-Sonam

Re: Unimplemented Error in Weblogic

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday, September 19, 2011 5:57:06 PM Sonam Nepali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a jaxws handler that gets the DOM element from the context using
>
> public void handleMessage(SOAPMessageContext context) {
> Element element = (Element)context.get(SOME_CONST_VALUE);
>

> When I look at the type of the "element", it is of weblogic.xml.domimpl.
> Then I checked the context object and found that it has weblogic dom
> elements. Is there a way to use a Xerces DOM instead of the
> weblogic.xml.domimpl?  I have weblogic 10.3.5 running with filtering
> classloader option available. I think there is a parser and it is
> configured to use the weblogic xml parser and I want weblogic to use a
> specified parser from the filtered package.  Which parser builds the
> SOAPMessageContext object?  Would anyone know?

In this case, you MAY be able to just grab the latest SAAJ-impl libraries and
drop them into the webapp.   Maybe the saaj-api libs as well.   That SHOULD be
enough to get it to use the Sun SAAJ implementation.

What's interesting is that:
java.lang.AssertionError: UNIMPLEMENTED

is an AssertionError.    Is there a way to turn off assertions in WebSphere?
Would that change anything?

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp