Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by bobMeliev <b....@gmail.com> on 2013/09/20 08:02:43 UTC

Re: jmeter memory leak?

When you get this error a file with extension .hprof gets created. This is
the heap dump created when the JVM crashed. This file can be analysed using
Heap Analysis tools to identify the root cause. Ex: You can try analysing
using JHAT (
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/share/jhat.html )

Re: jmeter memory leak?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21 September 2013 09:05, Sergio Boso <se...@bosoconsulting.it> wrote:
> just to add some info, you have to take in account that Jmeter keeps all the
> sample's result in memory, even i there is no further process for it.

Half true.

Samplers store the full response unconditionally in memory (except if
MD5 hash is selected), regardless of whether there are any other test
elements that need to use the data.

However this is temporary - JMeter only _keeps_ the result in memory
if it is still needed.
For example, the Tree View and Table Listeners display individual
samples, so they keep all sample results.

And in non-GUI mode, since there are no displays, even the Tree View
Listener does not store thre results.

Re: jmeter memory leak?

Posted by Sergio Boso <se...@bosoconsulting.it>.

Re: jmeter memory leak?

Posted by umesh prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
but the problem is i dont know how to debug or I dont know what do i need
to look into once jhat make the data available on a local webserver

Re: jmeter memory leak?

Posted by umesh prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Got it thanks

Re: jmeter memory leak?

Posted by Kirk Pepperdine <ki...@gmail.com>.
it's included in the JDK

-- Kirk

Re: jmeter memory leak?

Posted by Kirk Pepperdine <ki...@gmail.com>.
I  should add, I doubt that JMeter is leaking... I'll be using it this afternoon and I'll take a look to confirm.

Regards,
Kirk

Re: jmeter memory leak?

Posted by Kirk Pepperdine <ki...@gmail.com>.
If you are looking for a memory leak in JMeter you first have to recognize that it naturally uses memory as if it is leaking memory. Second, if you're going to find the memory leak might I suggest you use the memory profiler in VisualVM. If you ask it look for object allocations and GC. That will give you a generational count. The JMeter object with the highest gen count is the one that is leaking

Regards,
Kirk

Re: jmeter memory leak?

Posted by umesh prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.