Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2010/08/11 21:00:10 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 0.11.2 has been released

Hello,

Apache CouchDB 0.11.2 has been released and is available for download:

	http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html

Changes in this release:

  * Replicator buxfixes for replicating design documents from secured databases.
  * Better error messages on invalid URL requests.
  * User documents can now be deleted by admins or the user.
  * Avoid potential DOS attack by guarding all creation of atoms.
  * Some Futon and JavaScript library bugfixes.

Apache CouchDB is a document-oriented database that can be queried and indexed in a MapReduce fashion using JavaScript. CouchDB also offers incremental replication with bi-directional conflict detection and resolution.

CouchDB provides a RESTful JSON API than can be accessed from any environment that allows HTTP requests. There are myriad third-party client libraries that make this even easier from your programming language of choice. CouchDB’s built in Web administration console speaks directly to the database using HTTP requests issued from your browser.

CouchDB is written in Erlang, a robust functional programming language ideal for building concurrent distributed systems. Erlang allows for a flexible design that is easily scalable and readily extensible.

Relax and prosper,

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 0.11.2 has been released

Posted by Jochen Kempf <jo...@gmail.com>.
Really needed the replicator bugfixes.
Thanks a lot!

Posted by J Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Aug 11, 2010, at 12:20 PM, Paweł Stawicki wrote:

> My congrats for the new release, but I am confused. Why is there
> 0.11.2 after 1.0? Shouldn't it be 1.1 or something like that?

The 0.11.2 is a maintenance release of the 0.11.x branch. We'll continue to maintain the 0.11 line until 1.1 is released or as long as the community needs it.

Chris

Posted by Paweł Stawicki <pa...@gmail.com>.