Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Richard Fleming <ri...@thebva.com> on 2007/01/11 06:35:35 UTC

Billing account problem

Hello all,

  In trying to use a billing account to complete an order, I've run into a situation that I hope someone can shed some light on... I have a customer that does a lot of warranty work so that at times their account balance becomes a credit balance that would exceed the account limit. I can't write orders that exceed the account limit even though the account has a credit balance. I've also noticed that the "available balance" isn't reporting correctly in the accounting app. As I looked a little further, I noticed that the billing_acct_id attribute in the payment_application entity is null for every entry which is strange since it would seem to violate a foreign key contraint. This in turn seems to affect the BillingAccountWorker service that calculates net account balance.

  Would it be possible to have ofbiz treat the account limit as the greater of "account limit" or "account credit balance"? or is there just a problem with how the service is calculating available balance?

  If this issue has been addressed, sorry but I can't find where.

  Rick

Re: Billing account problem

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
Richard Fleming wrote:
> Si,
>
>   Account limit = 500.00
>   Net acc bal = 0.00
>   Available bal = 5.54
>   Open order bal = 494.46
>
>   (Opentaps A/R balance) = (596.80)
>
>   The credit comes from a 600.00 over payment that was only applied to a 3.20 invoice leaving 596.80 unapplied. (I did this to simulate unapplied warranty credits.)
>
>   Let me know if I can help out on this... I'll do what I can!
>
>   Thanks!
>   Rick
>
> Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com> wrote:
>   Richard Fleming wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> In trying to use a billing account to complete an order, I've run into a situation that I hope someone can shed some light on... I have a customer that does a lot of warranty work so that at times their account balance becomes a credit balance that would exceed the account limit. I can't write orders that exceed the account limit even though the account has a credit balance. I've also noticed that the "available balance" isn't reporting correctly in the accounting app. As I looked a little further, I noticed that the billing_acct_id attribute in the payment_application entity is null for every entry which is strange since it would seem to violate a foreign key contraint. This in turn seems to affect the BillingAccountWorker service that calculates net account balance.
>>
>> Would it be possible to have ofbiz treat the account limit as the greater of "account limit" or "account credit balance"? or is there just a problem with how the service is calculating available balance?
>>
>> If this issue has been addressed, sorry but I can't find where.
>>
>> Rick
>>

> That does not sound right. What is the account limit, net balance, and
> available balance of your billing account?

The issue is that you do have an overpayment but it has not been
assigned to that particular billing account.  This is tricky, but you
need to go find the Payment and create a payment application for the
amount of the overpayment to the billingAccountId only.  In other words,
the PaymentApplication record should have just a paymentId,
billingAccountId, and amount.

Re: Billing account problem

Posted by Richard Fleming <ri...@thebva.com>.
Si,