Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by syed kather <in...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/13 09:40:59 UTC

Replication with different schema

Team,
  Is it possible to do replication with different Schema  in solr ?
 If not how can i acheive this .

Can any one can give an idea to do this
advance thanks ..

            Thanks and Regards,
        S SYED ABDUL KATHER

Re: Replication with different schema

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
OK, I was thrown off by your use of "schema", I thought
you were talking about schema.xml....

Anyway, assuming you have some kind of loop that pages
through the documents via Solr, gets the results and then
sends them to another Solr server... yeah, that'll be slow.
You have the "deep paging" problem here.

I'd consider dropping into Lucene to spin through the
documents, fetch them and then assemble what you need
into a new SolrInputDocument that you then send to your
new server.

You really aren't moving any "interesting" data. By that I mean
by the time things go through your intermediate code, they're
pretty much primitive types so the fact that the various Solr
indexes have different schemas really isn't relevant.

Best
Erick

Posted by "in.abdul" <in...@gmail.com>.
Thanks ..