Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Andrew F Hall <af...@circleup.com> on 2007/04/29 17:44:31 UTC

Jetspeed 2.1 desktop - how to return the portlet frames on the initial page back from the server

Hi,

I've been going thru the demo of Jetspeed 2.1.  I noticed that the
initial page back from the server doesn't actually contain the frames of
the portlets.  It looks like it's using javascript to build the frames.
The frames then request the content from the portlets.  Is this how it's
working?  If so, is there a way to reconfigure it so that the frames of
the portlets come back with the page, then the content is served within
the portlet frames?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Hall
CircleUp
5120 West Goldleaf Circle, St 140
Los Angeles, CA 90056
voice    800.871.2314 x706
fax       310.496.0636

email:  afhall@circleup.com

Re: Jetspeed 2.1 desktop - how to return the portlet frames on the initial page back from the server

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Apr 30, 2007, at 12:43 PM, Andrew F Hall wrote:

> Is there a way to change this behavior so that placeholder frames
> could
> be presented with the returned page?

Not really out of the box. We basically leave the frames to the
portlets themselves
The content of the portlets is treated agnostically by the client-
side aggregation

But I think you could, with some knowledge of the desktop, do
something like that
although IFrames seem like they are not required when the desktop can
dynamically
update the content of only one portlet without re-rendering the others

RE: Jetspeed 2.1 desktop - how to return the portlet frames on the initial page back from the server

Posted by Andrew F Hall <af...@circleup.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.