Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Luis Armando Roca Fumero <lr...@uclv.edu.cu> on 2014/01/09 19:20:44 UTC

Content Field

Hello, I use Nutch 1.4 to indexing content to Solr 4.4.0. It works great, but I want to make the Content Field shorter, because when I make a search in Solr, the content has to much text.
Thanks in advance,
Luis Armando

La Universidad Central "Marta Abreu" de Las Villas en su 60 Aniversario. Fundada el 30 de noviembre de 1952. Visítenos en:  http://www.uclv.edu.cu
Participe en Universidad 2014, del 10 al 14 de febrero de 2014. Habana. Cuba. http://www.congresouniversidad.cu/

Re: Content Field

Posted by d_k <ma...@gmail.com>.
One way is to use a copyField [0] in Solr and limit its length using the
maxChars attribute and search for the original text and return the coped
field although i'm not sure how much it will be useful for the end user.

[0] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SchemaXml#Copy_Fields