Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Jack, Paul" <pj...@sfaf.org> on 2002/08/10 02:10:03 UTC

[pattern] Directory structure?

Trolling through the source for [pattern], I saw that each interface
gets its own package...but each package only has 3 classes (the
interface, the utility class and the exception).

I'd rather see them coexist in one package.  The Javadoc would
segregate the interfaces, utility classes and exceptions for you,
so I think the package would still be browsable/easy to pick up.

If this has been debated before, please disregard.  Don't want to
revisit old issues, but this seemed odd.

-Paul

Re: [pattern] Directory structure?

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
No, this hasn't been debated before.

It was an instinctive move on my part when I started out. I felt that
patterns would arrive, some would turn out well, some not so well. By having
separate directories it would ease any later promotion process.

For an example of how things can get cluttered, look at [collections]. Try
and find the four pattern interfaces in amongst the other classes. ;-)

Stephen

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>